To obtain a visa for travel to the Republic of Azerbaijan the following documents must be submitted to the Consular section of the Embassy:
- An in invitation from Azerbaijan. (In invitation should be sent through Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan).
- for business, education and humanitarian visas: if an invitation from a receiving party or partner is not sent through Consular Department of the MFA, travelers should submit an invitation received by fax directly from a receiving party in Azerbaijan and a letter of request from the employer.
- for tourist visas (only single entry): confirmation from receiving tourist organization in Azerbaijan or from a hotel is required. Tourist visa is valid for exact dates of hotel accommodations purchased in advance.
- for visitor visas (only single entry): if invitation from the citizen of Azerbaijan is not sent through Consular Department of the MFA, the applicant has to state exact address and phone number of inviting party in the application form and to enclose it a copy of Azerbaijan citizen's identity document.
- for transit visa: a copy of a round trip ticket
- One completed visa application form.
- Application form is available through the [visa application]. (Please, answer all questions by typing or clearly printing in ink on both left and right sides of the application).
- Valid passport or travel document (photocopies will not be accepted).
- Two passport-size photos.
- Consular fee
- A consular fees are paid to the bank account of the Embassy.
Consular fees for visa:
single entry visa – 20 USD
multiple entry-exit visa – 350 USD
transit visa - 20 USD
List of countries (state fees attachment_1)
Visa processing time is 10 working days.
All foreigners visiting Azerbaijan for a period of more than 3 days must register their passports with the local State Migration Service of the Azerbaijan Republic.